Sunday, June 15, 2008

Lillian Grace is HERE!!

This time last week i was in the hospital about to meet my little girl.
Lillian Grace Cathcart was born Sunday June 8th at 10:34am.
She weighed 7 lbs 15.4 ozs..
she was 19.5 inches long!
5 days overdue!!!
she has TONS of dark black hair...
Labor and delivery went super well...remember i had mentioned a while back that i wasn't sure if i would get my midwife this time because it was only a 50/50 chance of her being on call...well she wasn't on call :(
BUT...she had told the other midwife that if i came in when she wasn't there that she had to call her and she would come in just for me!! How sweet was that! So i ended up getting my midwife and the other midwife on call. The DR on call came to see how things were going after Lilly was born and he said "So...your the celebrity that got Janet into the hospital on her day off!!"...LOL
Lilly was also 5 days overdue! We thought she would never come...my sister made a trip from Ireland to be here for the birth and to spend time with Lilly after she was born. We were starting to worry that Janine would not see Lilly at all!!
My Mum and Dad were leaving for Ireland on the Monday...so of course they were also freaking out that they would not get to see Lilly before they left.
Well apparently my Grandma in Ireland was praying that Lilly would be born on her birthday...and what Maisie wants Maisie gets i guess because Miss Lilly was indeed born on her birthday!!! One day before my parents left for Ireland and 4 days before Janine left to go back to Ireland.
Right now as i type this Lilly is laying beside me in her boppy sleeping soundly.
She is so beautiful...and such a good little baby. I could just stare at her all day long!
The other kids LOVE her so much...always wanting to know where she is and wanting to hold her.
If you would like to see pictures of the kids you can visit my sisters ROCK'IN blog...she did a wonderful job capturing those first few days with Lilly...we really appreciate and LOVE all the pictures.
www.janinewalkersblog.com
I will be back to my blogging self soon...

4 comments:

Cathy said...

I'm glad Lilly is finally here!! Glad your working on getting everyone back on schedule. Its crazy when you let the kids get off a regular schedule.
Glad everyone is adjusting well.

Kelly said...

So glad you are home safe and sound with miss lilly. Your sister's blog is amazing. Why buy a camera when you can have your sis in town to take professional shots for you while you recooperate! I got a little teary when I read your blog, and am so happy it worked out that everyone got to meet her just in time. Thanks for the announcement email! Take care of yourself, the family and that beautiful new child!!! ((hugs)))

TanishaRenee said...

I'm glad you're home and everything is going well! Your sister takes the most amazing photos- Lilly is a doll!

Jane F. Smith said...

I have to say she has a wonderful birthday..same as mine!!! well, of course years later but it is a good day!!!!!! Congrats again girl!!