Sunday, November 4, 2007

I forgot...

I forgot to tell you all the story of Matthews gorgeous birthday cake!!! LOL
My sister made a comment on it so that reminded me.
Every year for my kids birthdays i have decided to make their cake myself...i do not bake and have NO IDEA how to make a cake let alone how to make a cake "pretty"!! But i insist every year that i am going to make it...so this year was no different. I am not sure if you can tell from the pictures but my cakes are ALWAYS on a slant...my husband and I laugh so hard at this...i can never seem to get it right so he now calls it my "Signature look"....i can tell you that my cakes are always the talk of the party...and we always get a good laugh out of them....this year for added interest i put sprinkles on it....they hide a multitude of sins...well all they had were little ball ones. So i covered the top of the cake in them and then decided i wanted the sides to be covered in them too...so i tipped the cake as much as i could without it falling over {we can't have that now!!} and started shaking the bottle toward the edges...well the little balls went EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!! My kids thought it was GREAT....they were diving all over the floor catching them...for about 20 minutes or more they kept finding more....it was funny! So that's my cake story. Oh and the sprinkles were so hard...it was like eating cake with gravel!!! LOL But that was just something else to laugh about!!! hehe....
And just for the record....Matthew thought his cake was the best thing...i wonder how long i can convince him of that????!!! ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL Mick, that's hilarious!!! Grit sprinkles - toooo funny!!

Imagine how rockin' their cakes are gonna be when they are in their teens - they will be so elaborate!!

Ana said...

That is soooo cute Michelle! I think you are doing a great job with the cakes...you cannot tell at all that its a little croocked...and I love all the sprinkles.

I agree with you sister...by the time they are teenagers you will be turning out masterpieces.