Saturday, April 19, 2008

Look what i got!!

It was my birthday April 15th!! PJ and the kids got me a sewing machine!!!!!!! I have wanted one for a while now...even though i have NO IDEA how to sew or use the thing!!! LOL I was so excited. So first thing first i had to learn how to thread the machine...good thing it came with a step by step manual!! That little book has been a life saver...i have been sewing away...just learning and trying it out. I can't wait to get better at it...i have BIG plans for this machine!! Madison needs curtains for her new room and i also want to make some other cute little projects!!
Of course it will be used for scrappy projects too...i just had to try it out on paper! So i used some scraps laying around and made this little card! It's not perfect by any means...but i love the scalloped edge stitch! So cute.

And of course i can't have a blog post without pics of the kids! {just for janine!!}...Look at that smile...too cute. Miss Madison is being her usual goofy self...i know i still have to post pictures of build a bear...i will do that in my next post...i want to get pics of the kids with their bears....and i keep forgetting.






11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE a sewing machine and to really know how to use it!! It would be so handy! I bet you will pick it up in no time :)

That card is absolutely adorable!!!!!!

Thanks for the kiddo pictures - matthew is so cute with his gappy smile and Madison - well miss madison is her usual goofy self lol!!

Angela said...

Congrats on the machine! I LOVE the card!!!!!Cute pics of the kids!

Julie said...

Have fun with the sewing machine. Love the card and the pics.

Cathy said...

I want a sewing machine too!! :) Great little card...

Your kids are so cute!! :)

Kelly said...

Absolute dolls, those kids!!! I love your machine!!! I am sure when you are ready, you can make Lily something too!! I still can't believe you are naming that baby that!!! I love it so, since my little Lily is my heart! We are so alike you and I. Miss chatting.

The Gwynne Family said...

Hello to you all

I haven't been on for a while as we have been away on a training course for a couple of weeks so when I logged in it was good to read back on what has been going on in your lives.

Happy belated birthday to both you and miss Madison :)

Love your new sewing machine I'm sure you will have hours of fun using it. Will be looking out for post of many of your wonderful creations.

Well best go for now

God Bless

Lindsay x

Anonymous said...

Maddie, Maddie, Maddie......her hands are piggin!!!!!!!
Matthew would NEVER tolerate hands like that!!!!!!!

Scrappy Girl said...

Great birthday gift! Cute card.

Anonymous said...

Just tell us the truth Mick....build a bear pics are never happening, are they?!!

Angela said...

Just stopping by checking fo r a new post. Hope you are feeling well. {{{HUGS}}}

Anonymous said...

you will love this machine! Singer is one of the better quality machines and life long pleasure guaranteed! Do use a diff needle for papers tho as paper makes the points dull and will ruin yer fabric in the long run. Same for scissors ;-) I have had a sewing machine as long as I can remember and I remember those days I used to sit down with me mum and we sewed together. Now I make all the fabric stuff in the house from curtains to bedsheets, cusions ect.
You'll love yer Singer machine.

Regards,

Nats.