Wednesday, July 16, 2008

5K run/walk...

This weekend we had friends come to visit with us...Tom and Jennie and Toby came to see Lilly {and us of course!!}. Saturday morning we all got up and took part in the Nyla Luvison 5K run/walk. We signed up for the race walk as i was not up for running a 5K just yet!! LOL It was so much fun....
The guys and Jennie took off like a rocket...i walked at my slower pace with Miss Lilly chill'in in her snuggly! PJ had Madison on his back in the backpack and Tom and Jennie had strollers with the boys in them.

About half way through the race PJ and Jennie switched...she took Maddie on her back!!!!!!!! Crazy girl...but i guess it was better than trying to push the stroller from hell! LOL Here are the guys coming down the other side of the road we were going up!


The finish line!!!!!!!! YEAH...we made it!! Jennie was sweet and slowed her pace down to walk with me {THANK YOU!!}...i am sure she got quite the workout with Madison on her back!! ETA...PJ actually placed and won a lovely trophie which is placed proudly beside the one i won 3 years ago when i did the 5K race with my Sister and Mum!! {that was right after Madison was born}...my sister got 1st place, i got 2nd and my Mum got 3rd!!! :)



After the race was done they had a little kids race...we lined the kids up and away they went...Matthew took off and was so determined to win...and he did!! I love the last picture on my blog...the look on his face is awesome...then you can see Toby behind him just having a great time!! It cracks me up! LOL




Maddie was so funny...she was typical little Princess girl...well first of all she didn't have any shoes...so Benji {her little buddy} had to let her borrow some Thomas the Tank sneakers {which she has not had off her feet since!! LOL} when the horn went off Madison stood there watching everyone else run...then she decides to go...just jogging along loving every minute!! LOL She was so proud of herself...she was so pumped up that she ran everywhere the rest of the day...saying how fast she could run!





Miss Lilly was so good the whole morning...just hanging out in the snuggly!






This is my FAV pic! Look at Matthews face...so determined!
The rest of the day we {well I napped} along with the kids...then we grabbed some pizza and Johnny's lunch {YUCK!} and headed to the park for a "picnic"...it was a good time.
Pictures were taken by Jennie...i forgot my camera.
The last picture there was actually from the newspaper...they sent me a copy of it :)






7 comments:

Melissa said...

Awesome! I love that last photo! And doesn't it feel good to be able to get around again? You are sure looking great for having had a baby only about a month and a half ago!

Cathy said...

thats awesome!! Congrats!! Matthew does look very determined!!!

Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela said...

Sorry about deleting the post. I am not a pshycho I swear.... Anyway, so cool you all participated! Congrats to PJ and the photos are fab!!

The Gwynne Family said...

I am not sure what I'm most impressed with: 1-How well you are looking so soon after childbirth or 2- The fact you did a 5k race already.

I am impressed :-)

A big congrats to Maddie for doing so well and to Matthew for winning.

Give my Love to all

Lindsay x

Scrappinology said...

MICHELLE!!!!!!!!!! THANKS SO MUCH FOR STOPPING BY MY BLOG! OF COURSE I REMEMBER YOU!!! OH MY GOODNESS I DID NOT KNOW YOU HAD A NEW BABY! SHE IS BEAUTIFUL! CONGRATS TO YOU AND THE FAMILY! I HOPE ALL IS WELL IN YOUR WORLD! MISS OUR CHATS!

TAKE CARE SWEETIE! (sorry for the caps! I am just excited to hear from ya! {{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}
gina

TanishaRenee said...

sounds like so much fun!!