Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First day....UPDATED at the bottom

Matthew's first day at school today....{sigh}
Where did the summer go??? I have been so nervous for this day...wondering how he would do and wondering how I would do!! Everything went great...Matthew was sooooooo EXCITED! We got him up this morning and he picked his new cargo shorts with the skull and crossbones belt {he so takes after his DanDan!!} and his Starwars lego t-shirt and his new sneakers to wear. I packed his lunch up this morning...which made me quite sad to think he would not be eating lunch with me and the other kids...gosh i hope he eats!! LOL
Here he is so excited....jumping up and down wanting to get going!











So my little boy is in school now...
I am looking forward to hearing how it all went...
I will update later!
**I have to update you about our vacation and such, i will do that in my next post!!
UPDATE....
Matthews first day went good...i think!
He didn't say much about it...except it was a little boring! LOL
He said he liked playing with his friends at recess...
The teacher read them "The kissing hand" book then they colored a picture which MAtthew drew lightsabers all over {so typical}....so all in all i think he thought Kindergarten was OK. He said he wants to go back so that's good! :)
Oh...he did eat his lunch, but had trouble opening his yogurt...so now i have to look for different yogurts that he can open without help {rolling eyes}.
Oh and he was EXHAUSTED when he got home...so it was off to bed early tonight!!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my word those last two pictures made me want to cry a little bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope he has fun...I can't wait to hear how he liked it.

Wee dude.

Unknown said...

Awww! :) I hope he has a fantastic first day!

Cathy said...

gosh, it just makes me get all choked up seeing him heading off!!
Thats my worse nightmare, is that Sydney won't be able to open her lunch stuff!! :(

The Gwynne Family said...

hey there, glad to hear matthew enjoyed first day at kindergarten.
James starts P1 on monday 1st, which also is his 5th birthday.
I am sooo mot looking forward to it, but i guess they have to grow up :-(

Anonymous said...

Auck the wee man....the last two photos made me cry :( Why did you let him go? haha....and i wish i could be there to follow him around...i would of opened his yogurt for him :( Poor wee thing....well i'm glad he enjoyed it and had fun...even though the rest of us didn't LOL!

-H

Michelle said...

LOL Heather, you are so funny!
I think you had a harder time of it than i even did!! hehe...
I know you would have helped him open his yogurt...we had a little yogurt opening lesson this morning before he left!! LOL I think he's got it now!