Monday, September 3, 2007

Bye Bye Toby Tadpole...

This is Matthew checking in on Toby Tadpole!!! {bless}

OK...how about the "Horrible Mum of the year" award goes to ME...
Yes that's right...i am horrible.
So at the beginning of the week Matthew tells me very excitedly that he has a new pet!!! I was like "OK...where is this pet, and how big is it"???

So he leads me over to the large green cooler that is sitting on our deck...and tells me to look in it...ok, here we go, what on earth is in that cooler???!!! I open it up and to my surprise there doesn't seem to be anything in the cool except water...Matthew tells me to look closer because there was a little Tadpole in it...and sure enough there was the smallest tadpole swimming around! Matthew decides to name him TOBY Tadpole...he is soooooooooooooo HAPPY! He takes care of this tadpole all week...checks on it everyday...talks to it, you get the picture.

Well today i am in cleaning mode as we are heading to Ireland on Wednesday...so i am outside picking up and dumping water out of Maddie's water table and stuff...and there on the deck was a yellow cup filled with water...so i lift it and dump it onto the grass...just at that Matthew starts screaming and crying..."My tadpole...you through my Tadpole"....YEP that's right...he moved his tadpole into the yellow cup because Daddy was putting the cooler away...and Mummy through the tadpole into the grass never to be found again....he cried and cried and wailed and bawled for about 15 minutes...but he did forgive me in the end, although the wound is still deep as he cannot talk about the tadpole without tearing up and getting emotional...which breaks my heart :(

So there you have it...bye bye Toby Tadpole!

4 comments:

Janine said...

ROFLOL!!!!!!!! I'm sorry to laugh but he is just so cute and that is the funniest story. You have turned into Shaz LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That makes me wanna cry :( Poor Matthew

Cathy said...

Awww, that poor boy!!

Angela said...

Aaawwwww poor Matthew! Tell him I have some tadpoles right now and I will think of Tobey everytime I check on them. siff sniff...

No,you are not a horrible mom! Hugs to both of you!!

Have a wonderful trip!!! Hugs!!